Hello from Fl

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PattyJo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. PattyJo

PattyJo Junior Member

Hi everyone, I'm PattyJo and from north east Fl, but come end of the month I will be moving to west TN.
    I will try to be active but it may be hard till the move and I get back on the Internet.. Anyway's I love my backyard girls/boys and really cant see my life without having them cleaning up bugs and etc in the yard and the reward of those awesome fresh eggs is enough reason to have some chickens running around in the yard. I always find myself into all different types of poultry but I gotta say my fav is Dominique's, Australopes, Columbian Wyandotte's, and Old English Self Blue.
    I have been selling most off due to the move and I gotta say I sure did cry when seeing them go... ButI know where they went and all will have good homes and I have a promise of some young chicks or eggs once I'm moved and settled, so I have lots to look forward to with getting back in to them! I still have 4 Araucanas running the yard and as I told hubby they going with me on this move for they are so ever faithful to me! *LOL*
    They meet me every evening at the storage building and I get them a handful of scratch and they talk to me all way down to the coop, come morning they at the coop door talking to me and follow me while I go clean parrot cages *LOL* Gotta love my girls!!!

I look forward in meeting and making new friends and sharing and learning more about chickens with everyone.
    I'm little slow in learning my way around the site here so bare with me if I don't answer right back to someone..

Thanks
    PattyJo

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hi PattyJo! Welcome to the forum. Really look forward to you settling in and becoming a regular visitor here. Share your wisdom and photos! Oh, I'm from Nee Jersey! You'll have to go to the thread, where are you from? and get on our big map. :)

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Haha that was New Jersey!

4. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Hello from the UK .
    Very sad you had to part with some of your lovely chickens but your Araucanas sound like sweethearts :)
    Araucanas are one of my favorite breeds :cool:

5. ricepaddydaddy

ricepaddydaddy New Member

Welcome, PattyJoe from North East Florida.

6. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi PattyJoe! I'm so sorry you had to part with some of your feathered kids. That had to be extremely hard. Such big personalities those chickens have. I hope your move to TN goes smooth and well. Look forward to getting to know you too. Best wishes!