Heated Waterer?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering' started by Trauma, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Trauma

Trauma New Member

Hello,

What are you fine folks using for heated waterers? My hens have never seen snow so I need to pick up a heated waterer for this winter. I've only seen two options so far, either the heated metal base or the 3 gallon heated hanging waterer. Are there any other options available out there?

P.S. I'm sure there is a long thread on this somewhere on the site but I have failed to find it. Sorry in advance.

2. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

This is my first winter too. I've been checking around... Considering a dog water dish (electric) and its plastic, easy to clean. ($20) at Tractor Supply. For $50 you can get a regular chicken heater, one your waterer sets on. I'd also be interested in knowing what everyone is using. Jen :)

3. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

I have never used them ... I empty the buckets at night and refill the next morning. If need be I break any ice that forms during the day. (Like I said before, I'm ol school. :eek:)

So I'm no help ... :D

4. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Sundancers...we live up in New York and the winters are colder than Virginia!! This is my first winter and want to do everything right... Really enjoy reading all your posts...lots of good information! Jen:)

5. Wazza

Wazza New Member

Brrr don't know you could live somewhere that cold. We are coming up to summer in Australia and I may have to put ice in the water to keep it cool enough!