Fresh eggs?? Thats too weird!!

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by jen3910, Sep 18, 2012.

1. jen3910

jen3910 New Member

I had a work meeting yesterday so I asked my neighbor friend to let my 9yo go to her house after school. As a thank you I gave her some zucchini and the days eggs -four of them. she said thanks for the zucchini but about the eggs, I just don't know that's too weird!!! I convinced her to at least try them. My husband think its funny that people don't have a problem eating eggs from the store that are months old - but the thought of ones fresh from the chicken are strange. She's a really nice girl - but def not a country girl. Hope I can convert her.

2. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

My husband's cousin used to get eggs from me, he didn't trust the green ones. He thought that there was something wrong with them, he p*ssed me off over the price I was charging (how dare I charge 11 cents MORE than the market) so I made sure I put LOTS of green eggs in his carton.

He doesn't get my eggs anymore, he deserved crappy, tasteless market eggs. I don't miss him at all.

3. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

I've had folks to do that ... They don't know what they are missing. lol

4. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Lots of people ask, how do I know theres not something growing in them. I say how do you know the eggs at the store are good. Then I tell them as long as they don't sit on them, they have nothing to worry about.:D

5. sorrowsmiles

sorrowsmiles New Member

Haha! I would say "how do you know somethings not growing in YOU??" LOL.

6. sorrowsmiles

sorrowsmiles New Member

Heh good for you!

7. DansChickens

DansChickens Member

Eggs from your chicken coop I the best because you know what our feedin them and they're health so no guessing games haha

8. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

my mom is the same way LOL

9. rob

rob New Member

my kids wont eat anything grown in the garden at all.

10. sorrowsmiles

sorrowsmiles New Member

Really? Have you tried getting them involved in the growing process? Or even if they helped in the kitchen that might make them more interested in trying home grown foods.

11. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

What wrong with people?? I have the same problem...my husband use to eat a dozen of store eggs a week until I got ours, now he won't eat one unless its cooked in something like a cake or whatever! My son says they taste rubbery?? He's 36! But then I have a girlfriend that can't get enough. (3-4 doz. a week) I myself *LOVE* them!! They just don't know what they're missing... Jen:rolleyes:

12. stu-hens

stu-hens New Member

I sell some to a few people but sometimes struggle to shift them when i have overs because they dont have a date stamp on them and it just goes to show you how far people are removed from the source of food:)

13. jen3910

jen3910 New Member

She said she was going to scramble them up tonight - I'm curious to see what she thinks. I have a big veggie garden also and I'm always dropping veggies off at neighbors. One little girl -about seven years old was playing with my daughter and she saw my hot pepper plant and said "oooh look-carrots!!".

14. WeeLittleChicken

WeeLittleChicken Active Member

This thread is too funny! We ended up with a surprise rooster mixed in with our day old pullets and I am currently debating keeping him. My boyfriend goes, "Ewe, don't keep him! I don't want FERTILIZED eggs!" I told him it makes no difference because they wouldn't be *developed* eggs. He remains unconvinced. :rolleyes:

15. UncleJoe

UncleJoe New Member

My mom won't have anything to do with our eggs. She only buy's "Egglands's Best." :confused: :rolleyes:

16. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

My husband was the same way. Wouldn't even eat the vegetables from the garden. But he left so problem solved. Lol

17. anderson8505

anderson8505 New Member

My friends can't get enough of my hens' fresh eggs. Several will not buy store eggs anymore. One friend has a very picky daughter who would never eat eggs until she tried mine. One has a OCD germaphobe husband that won't eat store eggs after trying mine. Those people you know that won't eat them; they don't know what they're missing--more for the rest of your friends, I guess.

18. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Yeah, I can't do suchi. I know it's really good for you, but I can't do the texture. So I respect their choices. The world is made up of all kinds. I'm okay with that.

19. piglett

piglett Senior Member

they would be skipping meals then :p

20. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Good point. My daughter used to hate zucchini/courgettes, but once we started growing our own, and she realises they can actually taste nice when they're straight from the garden, she has a whole new outlook.