Floppy comb

Discussion in 'Emergencies, Illness, Meds & Cures' started by damikalu, Oct 8, 2012.

1. damikalu

damikalu New Member

Hi all, I have 2 NSA Browns. 1 has a beautiful strong comb and is producing 1 egg every 2 days, the other has a limp/floppy red comb and hasn't laid an egg for more than 6 months.
    Any ideas?

2. damikalu

damikalu New Member

Further to this... We have tried several things including changing feed and calcium powder, but neither has worked. Both our girls have a healthy balanced diet of greens and grains.

3. damikalu

damikalu New Member

Oops, I mean ISA Browns.

4. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

How is she about drinking water? Can you post a pic? Sometimes the more experienced chicken owners on here can tell a lot with a good clear picture.

5. damikalu

damikalu New Member

Hi 7chicks, I will see if I can grab a pic tonight and post one. Ta

6. damikalu

damikalu New Member

I haven't been able to get a pick of her drinking :(. I have just purchased a new worming treatment. Hopefully that does the trick.

In regards to the way that she is drinking... Is there something in particular that I should be looking for?

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Just a matter of how hydrated she is keeping herself. Some hens just have a more floppy comb too. Can you post a picture of her face so we can see her comb?