Fishing

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Apyl, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Apyl

Apyl New Member

I already seen a couple people post some fishing pics. I love fishing, as does my kids and husband. I prefer to try for whatever bites my line lol while my husband is all about catfish. Well he took the boys out fishing the other day and of course my 5yo was the only one to catch a keeper :) Boy was he excited. So anyway how about sharing some fishing pics, and just talk fishing. Feel free to add anything fishing to this thread.

[​IMG]

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Great photo.

I love fishing, mostly lakes and kayak river fishing. Here is me wade fishing last year, trying to catch white bass.

Attached Files:

3. Apyl

Apyl New Member

We usually fish in the river that runs thu town, the Wisconsin river, or a couple local lakes.

This is downtown where I live.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  4. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Each year my dad gives my son a fishing trip for his birthday, which is coming up ... :D 10 days and counting ...

We head to the Rappahanock River and fish for white cats and if we get a few channels ... that is alright.

I can not leave the farm for a whole week but we will a few days at the first and end of the week and fish!!!

Maybe I get a few pictures. lol

5. Jennibobs

Jennibobs New Member

My hubby loves nothing more than being out in his kayak fishing. Mackerel is in season at the moment which is Delicious pan fried with some garlic and bay leaf. Our son enjoys fishing trips with his Daddy too. P1020474.jpg P1010378A.jpg View attachment 133

Attached Files:

6. Keith

Keith New Member

What lake is that Jennibobs?

7. Jennibobs

Jennibobs New Member

The boat and kayak ones are in the North Sea. In the background is the Bass Rock a bird sanctuary which is a great place for Gannets and other sea birds to nest. The one on the shore is The Irish Sea, taken in a place called Saltcoats on the west coast of Scotland.

8. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

Here are some fun fishing pics.. the Sturgeon was in my aunts lake, they have 3.. and my son Blade was the first one to catch them... he caught two that weekend. next is blade fishing at the river in front of our house, and last is my daughter Ali sitting there.. cant remember if she was actually fishing... we live just a hop skip and a jump across the field from the river..

Attached Files:

• 067.jpg
      067.jpg
      File size:
      57.5 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      107.7 KB
      Views:
    • 062.jpg
      062.jpg
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
  9. ScottV

ScottV New Member

Now y'all are talking about my favorite hobby. I'm a crappie, hopefully not a crapy, fisherman. During the Fall, Winter, and Spring I fish with jig that I tie. During the Summer I'll troll crankbaits. It's a blast and very productive. I have rid holders mounted on my boat on all four corners. I'll troll, we call it pull, six lines from the rear of the boat and four off of the front. The poles in the front have a 3 oz weight about four ft up the line from the crankbait. We call that "pushing" a crankbait. I'm blessed to live in MS for its known for its large crappie. We regularly catch them over 2 lbs and even over 3 occasionally.

image-2588474711.jpg

image-1896640996.jpg

image-1887194019.jpg

10. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

NIIICEEE Crappie... those are my FAVORITE fish to EAT and catch!!!!! I grew up going to the Snake River at Oxbow dam with my parents.. love it!

11. Keith

Keith New Member

That's quite the trolling setup Scott.

I did some fishing this weekend for white bass and had mixed luck. They were running but the turtles are out in full this Season so they really scare away the bass. I did have some turtle catching luck though!

Also killed my first rattlesnake this weekend.

12. ScottV

ScottV New Member

Thanks Keith, I'm a member of the Magnolia Crappie Club and we fish tournaments all over the state of MS. It's more of a social get-together than a money thing. There's several "pros" that fish with us so I've learned a lot from them about the different techniques. Hopefully I can learn some chicken raising techniques from you folks on here. Lol I've got my plan drawn up for my coop and I'll be starting on it later this week. I'll be posting pics as I progress.

13. Apyl

Apyl New Member

ScottV ~
    NICE crappies. They are deffinitly my favorite fish to eat :) Now if I could just find a good spot to fish for them I'd be set.

14. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Anyone ever caught an alligator gar?

I saw Jeremy Wade go after one. I've always seen them on the local lakes but have never caught one.

15. Apyl

Apyl New Member

I've caught one on accident in Alabama once while visiting my dad. My dad killed it on the spot.

16. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

They were rolling today but we didn't get one ... but they give one heck of a fight. (if they don't trash/cut the line.)

17. Jeremysbrinkman

Jeremysbrinkman New Member

I have but it was a small one about 15 pounds. It was one tough fight but fun.

18. Riverdale

Riverdale New Member

I live for salmon season in the Great Lakes and their tributaries.

I take my vacation when the salmon run and head to my 'old stomping grounds' and fish like hell for 4 or 5 days with some repprobate friends.
    I smoke and can a metric buttload of smoked salmon, along with eating enough to satiate me.;)

I also like brook trout fishing.

19. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Took my 9 yr old boys to a fishing derby, at the county fair yesterday. Both caught bluegill, a 5 and 6 inch. The 6in was good enough for a prize. One of mine even caught a turtle, didn,t count but he was excited. Now I need to plan a good fishing trip with them.

20. machinist

machinist New Member

Crappy Fisherman

I have caught, I think, 4, maybe 5 fish in my life, and I am 66 years old. Two were 8" catfish from a neighbor's pond, and the rest were finger size panfish. Threw them all back.

I have stood beside my daughter while she reeled in one after another and I caught nothing, using the same bait and tackle, casting into the same hole. It was discouraging, so I gave away all my fishing stuff.

Finally decided to give it another try and bought some stuff this summer. Our area of southern Indiana has a lot of small flood control lakes that the state has stocked. Blue River is just over the hill from us, but it is so dry here at the moment that I saw 2 catfish headed down stream carrying canteens....:p

The drought has the fishing worms dug SO deep in the ground that when I dug looking for some, the only one I saw had a box of Chinese takeout food and some bottled water....