Ever think to rescue a chicken

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by BootedBantam, Sep 16, 2012.

1. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

2. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Yes , hen rescue is a big thing here in the UK.
    We also have duck rescue organisations . :cool:

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

There was a rescue rooster at the shelter an hour away from me. I think the people that fostered him ended up keeping him. He was gorgeous!

4. 1948daydreamer

1948daydreamer New Member

I rescued my Ninja Chicken. The folks that had him were gonna snuff him. He is a small bantam rooster,but he is an attack chicken. They had cut off his spurs,and had him in a 1 foot square cage. His feathers were all messed up and he was a pretty sad looking bird. He was pretty mean in that cage,but pin me up in a 1 foot square cage and I'll get pretty mean also. I brought him home,turned him loose on my 2 acres,and he is now my favorite chicken. I don't know if he is a retired fighting bird,or someone's former pet,but when I sit out in the yard,he now comes over and sits by my chair. He still attacks sometimes,but without spurs he is pretty harmless. He is actually getting to the point where I can pet him now. He is a people friendly chicken

5. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

Right on! Do have any links or if you hear about any chicken rescue stories, please share.