Error Reporting Guidelines

Discussion in 'Announcements and Support' started by ChickenAdmin, Aug 13, 2012.

1. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

To help us better help you when reporting a problem, please include the following information:

Browser:
    Operating System:
    Did you click the back button to get there?
    What was the URL of the error?
    What were you doing to get the error?
    What did the error message say?
    What is your username?
    Were you logged in?
    Did you try clearing cookies to fix it?
    If Mobile Phone Related, What Type of Phone?
    If E-Mail Related, Your Internet Service Provider or E-Mail Website Name?
    If Login Related, Does Your Browser Clear Your Cookies When You Close it (in browser settings)?
    Screenshot of Error (if available):

2. Treehouse

Treehouse New Member

would it be possible to delete me so I can start all over? I can't log on and am denied access if I try to open messages or anything. I am quickly becoming a "crazy chicken lady" and I would really like to be in on the forum. Treehouse or Mary. email wirick@gmail.com

3. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

The only problems I'm having on my iphone4 is that I have to push return after writing a message to be able to send it and I'm denied access to my own uploaded photos. Haven't tried to access photos from computer. Earlyt89@yahoo.com

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I had that problem with my iphone4 too. With the photos. You have to change your settings in your general setting on your phone. Then it works fine. See?

Attached Files:

5. havasu

havasu Administrator Staff Member

I'm stumped as to how you posted this message if you are unable to log on?

6. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

I got this one just a few minutes ago. I had to close the browswer down (Chrome) and start over.

This webpage has a redirect loop
    The webpage at http://www.chickenforum.com/forum.php has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Learn more about this problem.
    Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Kisses
    FB

7. Milo124

Milo124 New Member

I rather edit the php file than changing the Joomla backend error report because then you have to do that to all of your local sites. It's easier editing one file.

8. profwirick

profwirick Yaya

admin. it's me again. I bought a life membership, mostly because I am so excited about your work and my chicks, but I'm not computer savy, and I'm frustrated trying to get posted, ask questions, etc. Is there someone who could walk me through it all? I can't get my new Android app to give me more than a basic view, and here, on my old iPad, I was able to get my name to come up in the search box and follow it to this chain, where you tried to help me years ago. but I still don't even know how to answer the questions you asked. The iPad app doesn't give me the home page that Safari has for Chicken Forum. But either way, I can't get in as I have carelessly forgotten my user name and password. Please advise.

Sent from my iPad using Chicken Forum
    Mary Wirick, aka. Treehouse, Profwirick, Ma Wirick???

9. Jim

Jim New Member

You may want to send an email to "Austin" via the forum, if no one responds.

Jim

10. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Use the ChickenAdmin name to get help. That's the Admin account.

The app does basic functions of the forum. Posting, reading, replying.

Are you finding the menu, it is where you sign into the forum with the same member name and password that you use with a computer.

[FONT=&quot]To start a new thread, enter the section you'd like to post in and tap the 3-dot button in the top right corner.
    Select "New Topic" then enter a title, followed by your question or topic.
    From there you can take or attach a photo using the appropriate icon and then tap "Create" in the top right corner when finished.
    The same steps apply when wanting to reply to a thread.
    Enter the thread you'd like to reply to and tap the 3-dot button in the top right corner.
    Select "Reply" then type your response.
    You can take or attach a photo using the appropriate icon and then tap "Reply" to submit.

[/FONT]