Quail eggs got wet

Discussion in 'Gamebirds' started by jh8464, Nov 11, 2012.

1. jh8464

jh8464 New Member

so today was my first day of lock down and so i added extra sponges and water to increase humidity. then later i noticed the rubber mat (shelf liners) were wet. most all of the bottom of the eggs were damp. Will they still hatch?

2. jh8464

jh8464 New Member

update

wanted to let know, that only 2 eggs hatched but one died quickly after due to breathing problems

3. rob

rob New Member

sorry to hear that, hows the other one doing ?

4. jh8464

jh8464 New Member

great

he is the most hyper active little thing i have ever seen. i have hatched these eggs before but he/or she looks like she is training for a marathon. I opened the other eggs an all were yolk. I'm not to upset cause they were free eggs. they just seemed so large and healthy.

5. patlet

patlet New Member

Are the breathing problems pneumonia? Perhaps it's too wet and the new chicks inhale too much moisture.

6. jh8464

jh8464 New Member

no breathing problems. i know i'm not shouldn't button quail and coturnix but the coturnix was lonely always making sad lonely sounds. i put him in with a white button quail and he seems to be taking care of the button quail. they sleep together and there has been no pecking. they are both pure white so i'm not even sure they realize the are two different kinds of quail. its so cute to watch