Couple photos of the girls and dogs

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by Shalva, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Shalva

Shalva New Member

I really want these chickens to free range the dog yard and eat ticks... so I am trying to get everyone used to each other. The retrievers are of course retrievers but they have no interest in hurting the chickens... and one of my dogs Shalva brought me an escapee chicken the other day... a tad traumatized but none the worse for wear... The wolfhound however could be a problem as she was introduced to the chickens and went after then with her mouth open.... I called her off gave her a stern reprimand and we hung out with the chickens for another half hour or so... the black dog is a flat coat and he LOVES his chickens absolutely adores them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and finally my favorite friendliest chicken... hanging out with mom...

[​IMG]

2. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Very cute :)

3. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Dogs or Horses ?

4. Shalva

Shalva New Member

???? the wolfhounds.... definitely dogs the size of small ponies

5. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Yes mam.... They are gentle giants.. And beautiful dogs !

6. Shalva

Shalva New Member

This is my Natalie.... we have 9 dogs (5 goldens, 3 flat coats and the IW) and i have to say I am totally smitten

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Beautiful !!!

8. CMCLB

CMCLB New Member

Your IW is gorgeous. Our neighbors have 2 that run with 40 ducks, 40 geese, & 30 chickens. They raise them together & don't have any issues. Our Yorkie us mesmerized by the birds (chickens, Muscovys, & Guineas) and tries to kiss them. They aren't as fond of her!

9. UncleJoe

UncleJoe New Member

WOW! Someone with more dogs than us. :) We have 8 and it's pretty rare that we find someone that doesn't look at us like we're from another planet. :D

10. Shalva

Shalva New Member

Oh yes I know that look well.... I use having 9 dogs as an example of deviance when I am teaching, and you should see the look on my University students faces... and we know the questions that follows??? Do they ALL sleep in the house? yes, what is your food bill? a lot I prefer not to think about it ....

11. wolfstar

wolfstar New Member

We have 9 Dogs ...5 Wolfdogs, 2 pitbulls crosses, a Belgian Malinois, and a Shiba Inu.

Though the actual number in our home can go as high as 14-15 with rescues, boarders, and clients' dogs.

9 is a lot of work in and of themselves, cleaning, grooming, feeding and medical care. But we would not trade them for anything. Yes they sleep in the house, and yes they eat a lot of food!