collecting

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by emerson, Jul 15, 2012.

1. emerson

emerson emerson ceiling fans

i love collecting ceiling fans (pictures do the talking and never lie)

Attached Files:

2. machinist

machinist New Member

Tool Collecting

Collecting is additive! :D

I acquired the "Tool Disease" as a kid when we had very few tools on the home farm. I've been adding to my collection ever since, and just retired a couple years ago from our machine shop and welding business at home, where we did farm repair work.

Years ago, I did a lot of woodworking so I have a pretty fair collection of wood tools, too. I have too many tools, but I'm loathe to get rid of any. After almost 60 years of collecting, I refuse to be without the EXACT thing I need for any given job!

Yeah, it's an addiction... :eek:

3. UncleJoe

UncleJoe New Member

Mine is guitars. 20 years ago I happened into a 1946 Epiphone Archtop. From that point I started looking for older Epi's. I now have 12, plus a couple Alvarez. Who needs that many guitars? :rolleyes:
    Like machinist, I just can't bring myself to sell any of them.

4. laxbro

laxbro Senior Member

I collect watchs.

5. cindy

cindy New Member

lol my hobbies are a bit more useful like wine and beer making, gardening and canning fresh vegi's:)

6. ricepaddydaddy

ricepaddydaddy New Member

I collect books on military history.

7. rob

rob New Member

i collect militaria, coins, and family guy figures. my collection of cap badges and medals is the largest followed by coins.

8. Pookadoodis

Pookadoodis Menopausal Cajun/Irish Woman of Substance

I collect dolls, antique German bisque dolls, old vinyl baby dolls, vintage Barbie, Asian ball joint dolls, 60's mod Japanese cloth dolls, 1/6th scale miniatures, Japanese toys from the 60's-80's, antique & vintage children's books. Assorted antique & vintage crafting "smalls" like knit, crochet, handmade lace or cloth remnants.....old floral sprays....old buttons, pins, pendants to turn into corsages, necklaces, bracelets & to decorate boring cloth totes. Vintage Christmas & Halloween ephemera, vintage clothing........I'm a garage sale Queen....a flea market Diva....you get the idea.

9. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

.......................books...................................

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh........................books...........................