Cackle Hatchery

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by CackleHatchery, Jul 5, 2012.

1. CackleHatchery

CackleHatchery New Member

Cackle Hatchery is a family owned and operated business and has been for three generations. Founded in 1936, Cackle Hatchery’s Chicken Hatchery has over 185 varieties of poultry for sale. We ship directly from our facility, located in Lebanon, Missouri. Our Egg Hatchery includes Standard Old English Chickens, Bantams, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Game Birds, Pea Fowl and much more! Our poultry is healthy and can be used for showing, meat and enjoyment.

Buy Chicken Online easily with Cackle Hatchery.

Check out our weekly specials @ www.cacklehatchery.com

2. Apyl

Apyl New Member

I purchased 8 ducks from Tractor Suplly Co in Tomah, Wisconsin. They told me they get their poultry from Cackle Hatchery, if this is correct I am very pleased with the quality of the duck I bought. I picked them all up at the TSC the very morning they delivered. I have 1 pekin and 7 mallards :)

[​IMG]

3. Keith

Keith New Member

How do you ship your poultry?

4. SLNPoultry

SLNPoultry New Member

At our farm, SLN Poultry, we annually buy chicks to both change and/or expand our breeds of chicks offered, and to keep fresh bloodlines in order to offer strong healthy chicks to our customers. We have purchased chicks from Cackle many times, and they are always healthy and arrive on time. Thanks Cackle!

5. CackleHatchery

CackleHatchery New Member

How do you ship your poultry?
    We have varies ways to ship poultry depending on what you order and the quantity you order. It also depends on the weather conditions to and from your region. If you would like more information about the details of shipping poultry, please contact our office at 417-532-4581 or visit www.cacklehatchery.com

6. Marengoite

Marengoite Junior Member

And if you want to see their hatchery in operation, I'd highly recommend their video on YouTube. Look for their Cackle Hatchery (revised) video in the search bar.

7. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Just placed an order for the Happy Cackle Special . I cant wait! It comes with 1 pair of geese, 1 pair of ducks, 2 turkeys, 10 pullets, 1 rooster, and 10 assorted rare chicks. I've got to say at $73.75 this is an awesome deal. I've been trying to build a package like this at other hatcheries but the price was rediculous. I look forward to getting my babies and doing more buisness with cackle if all goes well :)

8. BantamHero

BantamHero New Member

I bought my chickens from you guys.. These are my baby partridges I raised from the chickens I bought from you 2 years ago

image-2723479809.jpg

image-1036815201.jpg

9. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Omg! I can just imagine getting that shipment in. Exciting!

10. MatthewBK

MatthewBK Chicken Lover

Cackle Hatchery has good quality laying breeds, but as far as show/ornamental/rare breeds go I would not suggest going to Cackle Hatchery. Their Sumatra's and Phoenix's are not good quality for showing. :(

11. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Personally I wouldn't use any commercial hatchery for show birds not just Cackle. If you are really into showing go to a breeder who specifically breeds for quality. Commercial hatcheries breed to sell not produce show birds.

12. MatthewBK

MatthewBK Chicken Lover

Very true, I was younger at the time and didn't really know all that much about show birds. Although, there are some commercial hatcheries that produce somewhat decent show birds. :) But I agree, and if I had been more into showing at the time I wouldn't have gotten them from a hatchery.

13. chirpy

chirpy New Member

I can see the advantage of a breeder and I don't show my birds but I LOVE cackle hatchery! They r on time very healthy and to me they would win 1st place for the cutest.

14. BantamBoy88

BantamBoy88 New Member

True but they die fast we ordered 17 and 15 died by the second day

15. BantamBoy88

BantamBoy88 New Member

Hey I just got 2 female and 1 rooster 3chicks of spangled old English game bantams do you have tips for them or my belgium quail banties (chickens)

16. Apyl

Apyl New Member

What is true ??? I havnt lost any yet and they are now 3 weeks old. If you had 15 die by the second day obviously something was wrong either with your order or your brooder set up.

17. chirpy

chirpy New Member

I am very sorry for your loss but I only lost one of my babies. I am sad to say it was probably my fault-I think my brooder was to small, needless to say I expanded. They had sent me one extra on my order of 18. On any account I hope you called them to see if there was anything they could do. Also how many times have you had babies? This was only the second time I had babies and the first time I only had 5, and boy was it a whole lot more work!

18. matt_kas

matt_kas New Member

Would you sell me some white silkie chicks in September

19. Apyl

Apyl New Member

I dont believe Cackle visits here much. I would either go to their website http://www.cacklehatchery.com/silkie.htm and contact them or ask on their facebook page.

20. matt_kas

matt_kas New Member

Thank you Apyl