breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by bamsx4, Nov 4, 2012.

1. bamsx4

bamsx4 New Member

I am curious if someone recognizes the breeds of these chickens. I think I know a couple of them but not sure. Thanks for any help advice you can give me.

Attached Files:

2. amandahalterman

amandahalterman Junior Member

Pic. 2....they are barred rock

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

All I know is pic # 2 - barred rock. The first pic, I have no clue but what a beauty!!!

4. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

First one kinda looks like a Silkie. Does it have feathered feet? Is his feathers more like fur then feathers ?

5. bamsx4

bamsx4 New Member

no the feathers are smooth and long. He's a banty for sure as he's probably 6 - 8 months old. I was told he was a blue Cochin banty but my black Cochin bantys don't look like that.

6. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

I was thinking blue splash Cochin on that feller, the barred rocks, the white ones are white ones,:p and the multi colored rooster is a beauty of a game rooster.

7. grgfishkeeper

grgfishkeeper New Member

White ones look like leg horns to me. And the last one looks like a brown leg horn barred rock cross or something like that.

8. grgfishkeeper

grgfishkeeper New Member

How many toes does the first one have and what color is legs/ skin

9. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

He's got a single red comb and wattles. A silkie would have a mulberry/purple/black colored comb.

10. EmmaJB

EmmaJB New Member

Looking through the pickin chicken app, the white ones look very much like old English game. The tail fans out the same? Described as having a single comb, and as fair layers of small tinted eggs. Cocks should not be kept together, due to their heritage as a fighting breed. Hens are described as being quite flighty - any of this ringing true?

X