blue andalusion spelling roo or hen

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by grgfishkeeper, Oct 15, 2012.

1. grgfishkeeper

grgfishkeeper New Member

Not sure on age was told 6 months... I got this with a couple of roosters splash the guy said they came from the same hatching but the roosters are almost full grown and crowing... She ain't even started laying yet

ForumRunner_20121015_192606.jpg

Rooster

ForumRunner_20121015_192627.png

What's suppose to be a hen

2. amandahalterman

amandahalterman Junior Member

They would be my guess

3. grgfishkeeper

grgfishkeeper New Member

Think its a hen just ain't laying???

4. amandahalterman

amandahalterman Junior Member

They don't exactly have to start at 5-6 mths, I have a barred rock hen that's 8 mths and she still isn't laying, but my 8 mth old silkie just started laying, my other chickens started about 6 mths old, so maybe any day now you will have a surprise waiting for you!

5. grgfishkeeper

grgfishkeeper New Member

Hope so I also have a 5 month old barred not laying.... Had 3 free ranging but they kept going in woods now 2 are missing so the others in a coop now with a Rhode island and the blue and a golden commet..... Only getting 2 eggs a day between me and my daughter we eat 4 lol

6. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Lots of different things come into play ... feed, weather, age & amount of light. (and the list can go on and on)

Hang in there ... :)

7. grgfishkeeper

grgfishkeeper New Member

I have just got this one so she is currently eating cracked corn weather is in the high 60s at night colder. Age not positive and they get about 12 hours of light but the others don't seem to mind