Black Copper Maran/Silkie Cross

Discussion in 'Breeds & Genetics' started by blblanchard, Apr 12, 2013.

1. blblanchard

blblanchard New Member

The BCM in him/her is finally starting to show! He's a month old. We bought him as a BCM, but the breeder wasn't 100% sure that he wasn't a Cuckoo instead. We also bought a silkie that day.. but the breeder said a BCM got in with his silkies so he wasn't sure if she was pure bred. Well, Andy here wasn't growing as quickly as he should, so I called the breeder and asked if there was any way possible that he was part silkie. He said yes! So we believe he is, and are very happy about it even though we wanted a BCM. I also wouldn't mind if he was a she! Thanks for viewing.

Attached Files:

2. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member

sooo pretty!!

3. blblanchard

blblanchard New Member

Thanks! I'm going to use this thread to post photos of him as he grows.

4. blblanchard

blblanchard New Member

Ignore this post... Accidentally posted the above twice.

5. blblanchard

blblanchard New Member

I made a new brooder and put them all in it at the same time. Andy is doing well with the bigger ones. Thank goodness! He was even picking on my biggest.

6. blblanchard

blblanchard New Member

Here's Andy at 6 weeks old. I have another thread explaining all this, but it's old. I didn't think this little guy was going to make it. He didn't seem to be growing at all. He is now! He's doing great. I notice new developments every single day. His comb, for instance. Haha.

Attached Files:

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

He is adorable and looks like he knows it too! Can't beat confidence!

8. blblanchard

blblanchard New Member

Thank you!