Been MIA...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by robopetz, Nov 9, 2012.

1. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Y'all wouldn't believe what I just went through! To make it short. My stomach had an ulcer food and water leaked into my body. Woke up on the 2nd like 4am with this unexplainable major pain. Other half asked are you ok? I said no! Rushed to hospital and did X-rays. Then had to be rushed into surgery to fix the hole. 9 days later I'm back home recovering. Ugh!

2. DansChickens

DansChickens Member

Dang I'm glad your okay !

3. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Thanks! The said good we caught it early, cause they said I was slowly poisoning my body :-/

4. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

Yikes, glad you are ok now.

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Glad all is going to be well again! Hope you feel better soon.

6. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Oh my gosh! Best wishes to your recovery!!

I woke up, got ready for work, horrid back pain like I had never felt in my life. Husband and I break down and go to the ER, I have two kidney stones, one inside the kidney and one blocking the "flow". The whole ordeal finally ended about 4 months later for "simply outpatient" surgery. I would never wish that on anyone! I can no longer work because I never fully recovered and can't process stress the way I used to.

Good Luck to you and take care, it's never "simple."

7. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Roslyn, sorry to hear that. I had gall stones before and ended having to remove my whole gall bladder. I just hate this stage of recovering where you feel hopeless and can't do anything normal like you used to. Specially since I had stomach surgery, I can eat like a bird only literally. And only soft foods :-/

8. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Its going to be a slow process but you will get through this robopetz. I'm just glad you went in to the ER when you did! In the meantime, you can play on here and keep us company! :D

9. robopetz

robopetz New Member

THank you! I know right, I'm constantly refreshing to see what's new hahahha.

On the bright side I was talking with the other half last night and was like hmm.. Since I'm goin to be home from work for awhile now. I think now would be a good time...... Ready?....... To adopt another silkie!!!!!! Omg! I'm so excited, we got one and she's a buff with black spots. Not as young as I wanted but she's actually from the same litter as our lil Sophie was. So she's about 5 weeks old. I'll have to snap photos once she's settled. Me is happy!!!! ^_^

10. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

I'm sooo happy for you robopetz! Isn't awesome how that works out sometimes. Go through a loss like that and somehow we end up with another that is just as sweet and perfect for us. Not exactly the same, but just right. Makes the heart smile again. :) Congratulations on your new baby. :D

11. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Yes this couldn't have been such a better time. I'll be home with her allot and can raise/train her the best I can. Here she is...

Attached Files:

12. Keith

Keith New Member

Sorry to hear! Had a good friend who would take ibuprofen right before bed every night and over a long time it ate a hole in his lining and he got extremely sick.

13. kaufranc

kaufranc Junior Member

I have heard about that! I actually didn't really believe it. My daughter gets really bad headaches alot and she is constantly taking Advil. I tell her that's not good but she won't listen to me. I will have to show her your post. Glad your better Robo.

14. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Yes, it's scary and so not fun. Please be careful!

15. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Advil was my best friend before my kidney stones. In fact, Advil may have been a leading cause of my kidney stones. Ibuprofen taken for long periods can be very hard on the kidney's. I was a cake decorator and baker and on my feet 8-10 hours a day at a fast moving pace. I have had feet problems for years and I took advil to take the edge off the pain.

I now only take it on rare occasion if I can't live without it. I wouldn't wish kidney stones on anyone. The pain was worse than child birth!!! :(

16. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

Sorry to hear about your belly. I hope you heal fast!! I have some great recipies for healing the belly. Like bone marrow soup, mung beans, and also some quiona recipes. PM me if you are interested.

17. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

That sounds excruciating. I hope you get to feeling better!

18. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Thanks. Each day I feel better.

19. EmmaJB

EmmaJB New Member

Stomach problems are never good. My other half almost died from an ulcer at age 15 :/

I'm on medication for the rest of my life and will need an op in later life to strengthen my food pipe - the valve at the top of my stomach doesn't work and my stomach acid is slowly burning away my food pipe. I'm only 27 - how grim!

It's scary how many people I come across with stomach problems, and a lot of doctors will tell you a lot of it comes from stress. Hope you feel better soon Robo.

X

20. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Yes, stress is what they told me too. It's worse for me cause I've had gastric bypass surgery in 2005. So now this happens and doc said if something this ever was to happen again that she would have to reconstruct my whole plumbing and said she wasn't sure if my body can handle that. It scares me!