Any idea on these young uns ?

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by cogburn, Jul 18, 2012.

1. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Have several that are un identified, some with feathered feet and some without. Just now seeing their colors, I have no idea, I inherited these. Thanks all ! And yes I believe they are all Bantys.. I'm thinking definitely some OEG in the mix..
    Thanks again
    Chad

Attached Files:

2. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Could they be mixes? I don't recognise any single breed, but I am far from being experienced so not sure. Cute chicks though :)

3. cogburn

cogburn New Member

I imagine.. There's no telling, just have to wait til they grow up. OEG Old English Game, I see some that seem to go that direction. Time will tell.

4. mell

mell New Member

A couple mille fluers. The ones with the fuzzy feet. They are also called belgium bantams

5. piglett

piglett Senior Member

can we get updated pics OP ?? please :)
    how did they turn out??

6. CountryMama

CountryMama Junior Member

The copper/black ones look like there's sebright in there.

7. DansChickens

DansChickens Member

Sebright and Antwerp Belgian mix maybe not sure

8. piglett

piglett Senior Member

that pic is 2 months old , they will be laying in a couple months i would say

9. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Sorry yall.. But I just saw replys.... My phone is all I have right now.. Yes older pics, those were all wild cat bait in an old gentlemans barn. He got sick and passed away, but not before he gave me all bitties and eggs, new hatches.. His brother took hens and eggs and hatched em in an old barn.. I took a bunch (90) as 2 weeks down to day olds.. When I'd see a new one I'd scoop em up every day or 2.. Couldn't watch them all get eat.. So I, Thought maybe someone new feathers at that age.. I've only ever had reds, Doms, and eatin chickens growing up. But they are actually some partridge Bantys & Cochins and a bunch of beautiful game chickens.. I'll find some pics in a bit...

Cog

10. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Here's some pics I just went out and took..

image-2809248635.jpg

Elvis.. Cochin Banty rooster

image-3017296896.jpg

Booger Red.. Cochin Banty Rooster

image-1682310141.jpg

image-1567129671.jpg

Solid black cockerel

image-2431849443.jpg

Black w few gold hackles

image-2374574958.jpg

Some young silver/gold hackle game cockerels and a few black bearded Belgium pullets.. Just in pen for pics usually all free range.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  11. piglett

piglett Senior Member

thank you for the pics, looks like you have a bunch of boys there,
    maybe you could sell off a few or do you plan on keeping the whole bunch?

12. cogburn

cogburn New Member

33 pullets & 15+ cockerels.. I'll keep 3-5 of the game roosters free range w their hens, the rest I'll cull in a couple weeks. Keeping the pullets for eggs... They will stay in the 14 x 34 fenced run.. I have a great demand for eggs I can't keep up so next year I'll have almost 50 hens laying..

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  13. chickencrazy

chickencrazy ChickenCrazy

I am not sure, but go online to McMurray Hatcheries and contact them with pics and see if they know. That's who I do my "bird business" with.

14. cogburn

cogburn New Member

The original post and pics were a couple months ago, I can tell now what they are. I was given all these and was curious because I had no idea at the time.. It's all good now.

15. piglett

piglett Senior Member

i just love free chickens
    my wife goes nuts when i say "sweetie we are going to go get 10 or 12 FREE birds"
    i really think she would rather go get free chickens than go to the mall with $100 spending money in her pocket
    we got 32 red stars for free last month, they were molting & looked like sh*t
    BUT they were still kicking out about a dozen eggs a day even in their poor condition
    we ended up eating 1 that loved to pull feathers out of her roomates
    we are now selling them off at $10 for 3
    they eat like horses so i might end up covering my feed bill for them when it's all said & done but
    atleast i saved most of them from the stewpot