Photo of the Month Winner - sideways

Chicken Forum > Chicken Raising Forums > Meat Chickens > Red Ranger Broiler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
AdamA

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Red Ranger Broiler

A guy came into work today talking about his red rangers or red broilers. He said he liked them because he didn't have to change the diet. Has anyone raised this breed for meat? How soon do you kill them and was their plenty of meat?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
EdisNiksic

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamA
A guy came into work today talking about his red rangers or red broilers. He said he liked them because he didn't have to change the diet. Has anyone raised this breed for meat? How soon do you kill them and was their plenty of meat?
Never had them but have heard good things about them. I think they are ready for eating around 12 weeks. They are supposed to have a better tasting meat than the regular chicken that you would get at the market (cornish x rocks). And they are supposed to be a hardier healthier bird that can live a long happy live unlike the cornish crosses. They are also supposed to be good foragers that do well free range.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
AdamA

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks a lot for the information! I did a little research yesterday and I guess I won't know until I try but one thing I did read was the a Cornish hen is a hybrid so I wouldn't really be able to produce my own where as I could hatch red broilers myself without having to buy from a hatchery all the time

Quick Reply

Newest Threads