Photo of the Month Winner - poutrylover99

Chicken Forum > Chicken Raising Forums > Coops, Runs and Housing > Interior Chicken Coop Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Keith
Administrator
ChF_ADMIN.png

Liked 132 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default Interior Chicken Coop Photos

To help others with ideas and inspire new construction post some photos of the interior/inside of your chicken coop.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Diane

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

My husband has done the majority of work on my chicken area, It's a 12 x 4 sectioned area inside my 12 x 30 shed, hope my posting of the pics work thanks for looking (the chicks haven't gone out there yet that's why it's so clean)

^ Inside the shed part

^ Looking in from the 'run' area, thru double doors

^poop board over the nesting boxes

^the outside run area

Old 06-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Apyl
ChF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 448 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 259

Mine is a 10x10 A-frame. The inside is simple, straw on the floor anbd 5 gallon buckets as the layer boxes. I used a post from stairs as a roost.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
ThreeJ

Liked 77 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Looking into an old horse stall converted to house chickens. Homemade nesting boxes and a place to roost in the corner.
img_1193.jpg  

img_1197.jpg  

Old 07-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
livingmydream

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I absolutely love old barns! The ones like the one above have that weathered, lived in look- like they have been there for a long time and seen a lot of things. I'd love to have some olanks from a barn like that to "panel" my living room. Such a rustic look! No raccoons are going to get in there! I love it!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
ThreeJ

Liked 77 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Raccoons have gotten in and have had familys. I love the look too. The barn is around 100 years old, it started out as a 4 stall horse barn and has been added onto over the years. I have been here 13 years, and the barn is on my list to fix up, without losing it's look.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
CMCLB

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

image-2333982437.jpg

image-2688074098.jpg

The coop is inside the barn & measures 14'x10'. We put a smaller area inside to house some mean Roos. Then, I got Keets...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2688074098.jpg
Views:	8485
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	143

We gave them their own area because their outside run is open up top.

image-3291549131.jpg

Outside run has an open top for Keets/Guineas. I can get in from the main coop's run through the door. The tight-wire fence is buried a foot underground & curls in to be difficult to dig under.

image-1469538953.jpg

Muscovys are more loudly penned & will be completely free-range after they have been here a few weeks. They're in a different corner of the barn to give the chickens & Guineas a chance to meet them before they're sharing our backyard.

image-2425380157.jpg

The meatsies are in a different pasture in an old horse shed that hubby closed in.

Isn't my hubby awesome?! It's so great to see how many hubbys are involved in the building.
image-1818100620.jpg  

Old 07-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
ErnieS

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCLB View Post
Attachment 146

Attachment 143

The coop is inside the barn & measures 14'x10'. We put a smaller area inside to house some mean Roos. Then, I got Keets...

Attachment 143

We gave them their own area because their outside run is open up top.

Attachment 145

Outside run has an open top for Keets/Guineas. I can get in from the main coop's run through the door. The tight-wire fence is buried a foot underground & curls in to be difficult to dig under.

Attachment 147

Muscovys are more loudly penned & will be completely free-range after they have been here a few weeks. They're in a different corner of the barn to give the chickens & Guineas a chance to meet them before they're sharing our backyard.

Attachment 148

The meatsies are in a different pasture in an old horse shed that hubby closed in.

Isn't my hubby awesome?! It's so great to see how many hubbys are involved in the building.
Us "hubbies" are supposed to do the building and are completely willing when we are assured that our wives will tend to the chickens, clean out the droppings change the bedding, collect the eggs, etc.
Guess who mucked out the coop here yesterday and who has to take time away from a busy day Monday to run out for feed and scratch.

Seeing it's fairly clean in there now, I'll take some interior shots, maybe tomorrow.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
machinist

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I know NOTHING about posting photos, but I had my daughter do it once, so here's a link to those. Give it plenty of time to load the photos and then scroll about halfway down the page for several shots, inside and out.

http://malthusia.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6&start=220 (They call me patience on that forum.)

We have a machine shop/welding/sheet metal shop that provided a living for several years. So, we made most of our stuff. Daughter made the nests (she did bodywork on C-130's and Jolly Green Giant helicopters in the Air Force). I made the feeder from a hunk of 10" round furnace duct and an oil drain pan, plus some heavy wire. The hen house windows are salvaged from an old mobile home, the steel entrance door came from the junkyard, and I made the screen door. The metal roofing and siding (metal sided INSIDE, too, to keep out rodents) all came from the junkyard. It is all insulated with 4" of styrofoam packaging saved from boxes our business received. Very little cost in all this.

The henhouse was added to the small barn as an afterthought. We only have a one acre lot, so things are all scrunched up together here. Beyond the henhouse are 3 terraced garden areas, one of which is fenced for the hens to run in before and after gardening season. That lot is about 30' x 80', so half a dozen hens have lots of room. We shut them up each night, because of too many 'coons and coyotes. The fencing is all 2" x 4" welded wire, 6 feet tall. I found some old stop sign posts at the junkyard that were 9 feet to 12 feet long and cut them all to just over 8 feet for use with the 6 ft. wire. I had to make a special 4" pipe, 20 pound post driver to sink those posts in the ground.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
buddysfarm11

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here is a pic of my silver phoenix pair

image-230217581.jpg

Tags
chicken coop, chicken tractor, coop, inside, interior, photos, pics

Quick Reply